Thursday, May 04, 2006

the journey begins!


hello Bury fans!

well it has been a long hard season for Bury FC and I for one are hoping for a happy ending at Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

who would have thought that one day we would be battling against relegation and hoping to send a former European Cup winner down into non-league football instead of us. back home in Nigeria, Forest were a well known team and children were taught in schools that the manager of the club was Robin Hood who stole from the bitch and gave to the poor. did he break up from his wife?

to be honest education was quite weak back home. they also taught children how to throw spears, stick cartoon faces on stray animals and how to use condoms properly and who they should be used on. i got 100% attendance in that lesson.

it has been of course a long hard year for Odebayo too and I have now completed by second year of study at university. with one more year to go, I still have time to cock it up. with one game to go, so have Bury.

i will be hoping to get to more Bury games next season just as long as I don’t get shot at when I make the long trek to visit friends in Moss Side next week for an end of year party. it makes Lagos look like El Dorado. or even Eastenders.

speaking of parties, I hear that the Bury directors have very kindly put on a free pie and peas supper following Saturdays game. do you think that a Nigerian (me) would be allowed in? if yes, maybe it would be a good idea to bring a photograph of me to put up in the new Legends bar at Gigg Lane?

the first Nigerian ever to visit Gigg Lane. Rudi Odebayo.

Gaily bedight, a gallant knight,

In sunshine and in shadow,
Had journeyed long, singing a song,
In search of El Dorado.

Edgar Allen Poe, 1849

i must thank you all for reading about the life that means so much to me and for all messages of support. my own quest begins next week when I return home (Nigeria) next week for a very important reason. i shall be staying there for the summer looking for news on my lost father who has been taken away by rebels.

when I told my fat friend Donna about this, for some reason she said Maltesers were nicer. maybe I should seek these people and beg for their help? they will be my only allies.

have a nice summer.

good luck Bury fans!

No comments: