Saturday, December 31, 2005

pitch problems!


hello Bury fans!

my grandfather sent me a letter four weeks ago that I have just received. i think it was a combination of the Christmas post and the fact that he lives in an African country miles and miles away from here. his letter is mainly complaining about how a recent local football match had been postponed because the grass seeds hadn’t grown enough and the referee wasn’t happy to play the game on the sandy surface as it could graze knees. it was a regular problem back home and I’m so glad that we don’t have the same problem over here.

they don’t have any of that Lucozade nonsense either and could do with some more h20 for the half-time refreshments. maybe Sport Relief 2006 could help my local village fund a water cooler?

i was delighted when I found out that we had beaten Wigan Wanderers to end their magnificent undefeated record although when I turned off my mobile phone, the score was still 1-0 to the visitors. i’m delighted with my new phone which my grandfather sent to me in the post although it appears to have been sent in December 2004. i should perhaps check the date on the latest letter as A) by now he could be dead or B) if the match in the village finally started, it could be into Golden Goal.

the phone appears to be some of the latest technology in Nigeria which did get me a little worried as hopefully my grandfather hasn’t sold the farm to pay for it. he perhaps thought that if I had my own phone, I’d be able to call him more often but the signal isn’t too good near Lagos and besides I haven’t yet received the money he sent me for phone credit.

good luck Bury fans, I hope you had a very happy Christmas and I wish you a happy new year!

No comments: